Monday, August 16, 2010


It's taken me almost a year to make this first post.  My oldest son, tim is moving out.  He went to work out of town today, and then, next week he will be moving out to go to school 700 miles away.  I am so happy, and proud of him, yet I know this is the end of my role of a mom as I know it.  I have always prided myself on never being bored, on always having something creative to do, but for the first time, in a long time, I have had to slow down and face myself and realize that another chapter in my life is starting.  I am hoping that this can become a place to share ideas, meet with like minded people and keep moving forward.  I am taking an online metalsmithing course, and today with the forest fires, I'm not sure if it was smokier in the workshop or outside.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! The empty nest is a REAL experience. As mother's we are so tightly bound with our children and when they leave home to get on with their life (as we all want them to do), we do feel the shift. You are set on course for another adventure and you will never stop being a mom. So happy to hear you are discovering your inner creative self. Speaking of smoke, my smoke alarm went off yesterday :o/

    ReplyDelete